Sunday, December 25, 2016

Ex Oribus Infantulorum

Rev. Dr. Terry Moore
Amici, Americani, Compatriotae,

The title of this blog post, Ex Oribus Infantulorum, means "Out of the Mouths of Babes."

Because my Filipina wife was raised as Methodist, she wanted to attend Christmas morning service at the church which her niece frequents: the Weddington United Methodist Church. So we went. The senior pastor, Rev. Dr. Terry Moore, officiated. I had heard a few of his sermons previously and he always seems orthodox Wesleyan in doctrine. This morning's service was equally orthodox but in an unusual way. First, the Gospel reading from Luke 2:1-14 was proclaimed. Then a video was shown (see below) which I think speaks for itself. The one thing I note with fascination is that Rev. Dr. Moore deferred to children to explain the Christmas message this morning just as Father Kirby at Our Lady of Grace deferred to children at yesterday evening's Vigil Mass. Surely this is not a coincidence. Indeed, my AA sponsor would say, "Coincidence is just God's way of revealing His anonymity." His sponsor - a Franciscan priest and my priest confessor - always agreed. Therefore, to both Rev. Dr. Moore and Father Kirby I say bravo!

No comments:

Post a Comment