Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Famulamen Ducati

Amici, Romani, Compatriotae,

My sister posted the following video on her Facebook timeline. One statement in this video is noteworthy:

"When you gain their trust, these ponies look to you for leadership. When they look to you for leadership, you cannot fail them. You stop worrying about yourself."

I have never heard the servanthood of leadership (famulamen ducati in lingua Latina) ever explained so well. There is a reason why Christ rode an ass into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday. And there is a reason why God spoke to Balaam through a donkey.

2 comments:

  1. Horses are magnificent creatures with a powerful ability to heal. I ride every week and it is the 1 hour where I am so focused on me and the horse it takes my mind away from everything else. It is magical, inspiring, and healing. They save me. Every week they save me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Horses are magnificent creatures with a powerful ability to heal. I ride every week and it is the 1 hour where I am so focused on me and the horse it takes my mind away from everything else. It is magical, inspiring, and healing. They save me. Every week they save me.

    ReplyDelete